Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Reports Issue
Reports Issue [message #229196] Thu, 05 April 2007 19:29 Go to next message
Aarthi
Hi,
I am having some issues in Oracle Reports Installation.
I just wanted to know what to install to work on Oracle reports 6i.I browsed and came across that i have to install D2k . What is D2k? where can I get the download of D2K.

What do I need to practice Oracle Reports on my home desktop? Do I have to purchase anything ?

Thank you.
AR
Re: Reports Issue [message #229209 is a reply to message #229196] Fri, 06 April 2007 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This is Oracle Developer Suite download page. If you insist on installing (quite old) 6i, it is at the bottom of the page ("Oracle Forms and Reports"). If not, download and install 10g.

You'll also need an Oracle database to connect to. Download Oracle Database 10g Express Edition - it is a free database version (with some restrictions) and is ideal for testing and learning purposes.

I'm not sure whether Developer 6i successfully connects to 10g XE; however, as lower database versions (such as 8i) are no longer available, perhaps you should consider downloading and installing combination of 10g XE database + 10g Developer Suite.

You don't need to purchase anything as long as you don't make money with these products (it is all written in the documentation).
Re: Reports Issue [message #229473 is a reply to message #229209] Sun, 08 April 2007 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aarthi
thank you very much for your prompt reply..
Is there anything I could do for installing Oracle Applications
Are they downloadable too ?

Thanks
Aarthi
Re: Reports Issue [message #229829 is a reply to message #229473] Tue, 10 April 2007 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I never did that so I can't tell from my experience. But, here is Oracle products Download Index page; there is the Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Siebel CRM link there so - check what Oracle says about it.
Re: Reports Issue [message #230002 is a reply to message #229829] Tue, 10 April 2007 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aarthi

Thank You very much for helping me out.
I will check it.

Re: Reports Issue [message #230389 is a reply to message #230002] Wed, 11 April 2007 13:47 Go to previous message
skooman
Oracle Applications (or eBusiness Suite, the official name) is not very suitable to install and run on a regular laptop or PC, it's too big. Usually, one would practice on it at a training site or at your own employer's site.

But maybe I've missed something and someone else knows how to run it at home for practicing purposes?
Previous Topic: Reports source from more than one database
Next Topic: Creating buttons in Reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 11:49:13 CDT 2024