Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Reports source from more than one database
icon3.gif  Reports source from more than one database [message #229785] Tue, 10 April 2007 01:16 Go to next message
SpeakurMind
Hi,

I'm using reports 10g.There is a requirement wherein my source of the report ( tables/views) maybe pointing to more than one database i.e. table A maybe present in database DB1 and table B in DB2. Since the table B is very huge, it is present in a seperate databse DB2.

I need to link both these tables in my report.Is it possible to design a report wherein the tables/views?

I've developed reports wherein the tables are from a single database and not sure if the possibility of referencing tables from more than one database exists in 10G.

Please help.
Re: Reports source from more than one database [message #229790 is a reply to message #229785] Tue, 10 April 2007 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
hi,
I will try and once done I will let you know.
Ashu
Re: Reports source from more than one database [message #229798 is a reply to message #229785] Tue, 10 April 2007 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
In a schema located in any of those databases create a database link to another database and a view as
CREATE VIEW tables_united AS
SELECT * FROM table_in_this_schema
UNION ALL
SELECT * FROM table_in_another_database@database_link;
Base your report on a view instead of a table.

Also, you might consider using a materialized view instead of an ordinary view which will might make report run much faster than the one over a database link.
Re: Reports source from more than one database [message #229813 is a reply to message #229798] Tue, 10 April 2007 01:56 Go to previous message
SpeakurMind
Thanks all..I shall try with the materialized view and shall let u know in case of any issues Littlefoot.Thanks for the speedy reply.
Previous Topic: Error Running report in 9i
Next Topic: Reports Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 11:43:24 CDT 2024