Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Going to Multi-org from Single Org
Going to Multi-org from Single Org [message #230960] Fri, 13 April 2007 09:54 Go to next message
Anne Simms
Hi, I have a few questions about going to multi-org.

1. How will going to multi-org affect current customized packages and reports, Extensions, customized extensions ?What will we need to consider when converting to multi-org based on the things I have mentioned so far.

2. We are currently on 11.5.8 and are considering the options with upgrading to 11.5.10 or R12 first, but our decision is based on if the multi-org process will be easier with R12 or 11.5.10. Any suggestions or comments about this or if anyone has experienced this already. Thank you.

Anne
Re: Going to Multi-org from Single Org [message #230987 is a reply to message #230960] Fri, 13 April 2007 11:23 Go to previous message
prashant_pathak
Anne Simms wrote on Fri, 13 April 2007 20:24
Hi, I have a few questions about going to multi-org.

1. How will going to multi-org affect current customized packages and reports, Extensions, customized extensions ?What will we need to consider when converting to multi-org based on the things I have mentioned so far.

it changes a lot if not followed coding standards in customized package. To name one not handled organization_id. As you will now have multiple organization and your customized report doesnt have organization filter it will fetch all the data( just one example)
Quote:

2. We are currently on 11.5.8 and are considering the options with upgrading to 11.5.10 or R12 first, but our decision is based on if the multi-org process will be easier with R12 or 11.5.10. Any suggestions or comments about this or if anyone has experienced this already.

11.5.10.2 is stable version has all cumulative patch applied rather than R12 which is quite unknown territory.

HTH
Prashant
Previous Topic: Help me its urgent...
Next Topic: orcle financials (functional) interview questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 17:23:42 CDT 2024