Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Print Particular Section
Print Particular Section [message #231205] Sun, 15 April 2007 23:21 Go to next message
Mike_23
Reports Builder: 10.1.2.0.2

Just wondering if anyone knows how I can suppress printing of a particular section ie. Header Section (even when fields do exist there). I have tried hiding the fields and running the report with BLANKPAGES=NO but still get a blank page in the Header Section.

Reason being that I am creating a report where the user needs to be able to select which section(s) they print.

Thanks

Mike.
Re: Print Particular Section [message #231207 is a reply to message #231205] Mon, 16 April 2007 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Format trigger could be one way to do it; put all header items into a frame and write a format trigger which would look like this:
RETURN :par_print_this_section = 'Y';
So, if user puts 'Y' (it could be anything, you choose) into a parameter, you'd print this frame (and all its items). Otherwise, you wouldn't.

It can be done on item level, but that would require you to write as many triggers as number of items you want/don't want to display. Therefore, I prefer having a frame and maintain only one trigger.
Re: Print Particular Section [message #231209 is a reply to message #231207] Mon, 16 April 2007 00:19 Go to previous message
Mike_23
Thanks for that Littlefoot but I have tried this already - the problem is that a blank page is returned instead...

I've also tried turning off the "Blank Pages" option in the 'Runtime Settings' of "Preferences' but to no avail.

Previous Topic: How to pass our Form output to a table when we click pushbutton
Next Topic: difference between Run_report_object and Run_product
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 12:33:39 CDT 2024