Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Creating Report using the Procedure
Creating Report using the Procedure [message #235052] Thu, 03 May 2007 20:55 Go to next message
garimella_aditya
Hi all,

I have the PL/SQL Procedure where i have the in parameters as well as the out parameters. I want to create the report using this procedure. Can i do it? if so how

regards,
aditya.
Re: Creating Report using the Procedure [message #235151 is a reply to message #235052] Fri, 04 May 2007 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Stored procedure is not among possible report data sources. If your procedure returns only one value, you might try to create a PL/SQL program unit and return this value into a user-defined parameter and display it in report. However, I'm not sure how to display, for example, a PL/SQL table. It can be done in Forms, though, but you are not interested in it.

Could you, perhaps, use your procedure as an SQL query in this report? IN parameters would be report's user-defined parameters, and you'd simply return the resulting record set.

Of course, there might be a way to do that, but - I can't help you about it.
Re: Creating Report using the Procedure [message #235197 is a reply to message #235151] Fri, 04 May 2007 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
@littlefoot - how the report can be build from a stored procedure? because when you go through wizard it is possible?

Ashu
Re: Creating Report using the Procedure [message #235226 is a reply to message #235197] Fri, 04 May 2007 07:18 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, no, it isn't possible through wizard.
Previous Topic: automatic update reports if column added in database
Next Topic: Oracle Report Output size issue (need 0 bytes?)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 12:24:06 CDT 2024