Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Reports 6.0 runtime (Trying to output to a text file)??
Reports 6.0 runtime (Trying to output to a text file)?? [message #236639] Thu, 10 May 2007 08:02 Go to next message
snoopy_one
Hello,
I've created an Oracle report exe. I'm having a problem with the parameter form. Specifically, I want the user to have the option of outputting the report into an text file using the desformat parameter. However, the only format that the software seems to output is "lis".

Under the "destination format" parameter in Report Builder, the only option is "dlst" format... which ultimately outputs these "lis" files. These "lis" files will not open into a readable format in Notepad or MS Excel. Is there some way I can get the report runtime to output to text files??

thank you
Kent
Re: Reports 6.0 runtime (Trying to output to a text file)?? [message #236703 is a reply to message #236639] Thu, 10 May 2007 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
Hi Kent,
I am giving a solution you can try this out in the the report parameter:

1. set the destination type parameter to :file
2. for destination name parameter : type path and name of file
3. for destination name parameter : type rtf
4. mode set to bitmap

You can also send the output to HTML only chaging the 3rd step set as HTML

Ashu
Re: Reports 6.0 runtime (Trying to output to a text file)?? [message #236716 is a reply to message #236703] Thu, 10 May 2007 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
snoopy_one
ab_trivedi wrote on Thu, 10 May 2007 14:29
Hi Kent,
I am giving a solution you can try this out in the the report parameter:

1. set the destination type parameter to :file
2. for destination name parameter : type path and name of file
3. for destination name parameter : type rtf
4. mode set to bitmap

You can also send the output to HTML only chaging the 3rd step set as HTML

Ashu

When I set the various properties to those suggested above, the resulting file is all sorts of odd characters. I then changed the MODE to "character" , however, I then get an error which says "unable to open printer definition 'rft' ". Should I change the printer definition to some other type of *.prt?
Re: Reports 6.0 runtime (Trying to output to a text file)?? [message #238079 is a reply to message #236639] Wed, 16 May 2007 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
snoopy_one
Still can't this to work.. any thoughts from anyone?

[Updated on: Wed, 16 May 2007 11:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Reports 6.0 runtime (Trying to output to a text file)?? [message #239892 is a reply to message #238079] Wed, 23 May 2007 10:13 Go to previous message
snoopy_one
snoopy_one wrote on Wed, 16 May 2007 13:46
Still can't this to work.. any thoughts from anyone?

As it turns out, all that was required was the abolute path of the "dflt" file in the DESFORMAT parameter. Grrrg!!

Oracle dosumentation leads one to believe that the path is defaulted to...

C:\ORANT\REPORT60\PRINTERS\dflt.prt

...However, the entire path has to be in the DESFORMAT parameter for the file to output to text. Otherwise, you get an Oracle REP-1804 error.

Previous Topic: rep file send mail in pdf
Next Topic: call a function from report.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 11:54:55 CDT 2024