Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Business Area (group by standard business Area) for E-Business
icon5.gif  Business Area (group by standard business Area) for E-Business [message #236814] Fri, 11 May 2007 01:28 Go to next message
dani74
Hi.

I want create a business area for all the tables in e-Business, group by standard business area).
I know it's possible but I dont know how do it.

Please, help me.

Thanks

Dani

Re: Business Area (group by standard business Area) for E-Business [message #237038 is a reply to message #236814] Fri, 11 May 2007 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Do you mean you want to have all tables of the whole e-Business Suite in one business area?? And you are aware of the fact that there are thousands of them? Ok, you can just insert new folder from database and then select all tables.

What do you mean by "group by standard business area"?
Re: Business Area (group by standard business Area) for E-Business [message #237281 is a reply to message #237038] Mon, 14 May 2007 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dani74
Hi, skooman.

This script show the BA and folders that I want:

SELECT
bas.ba_name,
obj.obj_name folder,
DECODE(obj.obj_type,
'COBJ', 'Complex',
'SOBJ', 'Simple',
'CUO', 'Custom',
'Unknown') AS obj_type,
EXP.exp_name AS it_name,
EXP.exp_developer_key AS it_developer_key,
EXP.exp_description AS it_description,
DECODE(EXP.exp_data_type,
1, 'Varchar',
2, 'Number',
3, 'Long',
4, 'Date',
5, 'Raw',
6, 'Long Raw',
7, 'Rowid',
8, 'Char',
9, 'MLSLabel',
10, 'Boolean',
TO_CHAR(EXP.exp_data_type)) AS it_data_type,
EXP.it_format_mask,
EXP.it_max_data_width,
fun.fun_name AS it_fun_name,
EXP.it_heading,
EXP.it_hidden,
DECODE(EXP.it_placement,
1, 'Data Point',
2, 'Top or Side',
3, 'Top',
4, 'Side',
5, 'Page',
6, 'Unknown') AS it_placement,
DECODE(EXP.it_hidden,
1, 'Hidden',
'Visible') AS it_vis,
EXP.exp_created_date AS it_created_date,
EXP.exp_updated_date AS it_updated_date
FROM
eul_us.eul4_expressions EXP,
eul_us.eul4_functions fun,
eul_us.eul4_objs obj,
eul_us.eul4_ba_obj_links bol,
eul_us.eul4_bas bas
-- eul5_expressions exp,
-- eul5_functions fun,
-- eul5_objs obj,
-- eul5_ba_obj_links bol,
-- eul5_bas bas
WHERE
EXP.it_fun_id = fun.fun_id(+) AND
obj.obj_id = bol.bol_obj_id AND
obj.obj_id = EXP.it_obj_id AND
bas.ba_id = bol.bol_ba_id AND
EXP.exp_data_type = 2
ORDER BY
bas.ba_id,
obj.obj_id,
EXP.exp_sequence

I'm connecting with EUL4_US but I dont see these business area (ABM Activities, ABM Activities, ABM Departments...) and his folders (Activity Accounts, Cost Object Unit Cost, Deparment Accounts...).

In other database (now are deleted), when I connect whith EUL4_US I see these business area and folders.

How I can see these business area and his folders?

Thanks.
Re: Business Area (group by standard business Area) for E-Business [message #237774 is a reply to message #237281] Tue, 15 May 2007 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
If you (or someone else) didn't create a business area, folders and items, then they don't exist.

So, first you state an sql statement you want in your business area, you want to create workbooks on the data resulting from this SQL statement? Why? (no offense, but the tables referenced in the SQL statement are EUL tables - I wonder if you don't know how folders are created, what you want to report on EUL tables for).

Secondly, if you want let's say a folder containting all data from the table or view ABM Departments then choose insert new folder from database, select your view of table. See the Administrator reference: http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/discoverer.html
Re: Business Area (group by standard business Area) for E-Business [message #238365 is a reply to message #237774] Thu, 17 May 2007 11:12 Go to previous message
dani74
I have that I want.

I create a EUL Manage (Tools/EUL Manager/ Create EUL)
Option: Select an existing User (Selected)
Option: Grant Access to Public (selected)
User: (EUL_US)

Clickt Finish Button.

When the EUL Manage is created I open a Business Area, and all the Business Area that I want (ABM Activities, ABM Departments...) are disponible.

Lot of thanks, Skooman.
Previous Topic: Hanging
Next Topic: printing problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 11:21:29 CDT 2024