Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Expanding report size in 6i (merged)
Expanding report size in 6i (merged) [message #235269] Fri, 04 May 2007 10:34 Go to next message
Anne Simms
I just want to add and delete new columns to an existing report. Do you think it would be better to re-create the report or just add columns? I am asking because I am already running into problems with adding to the report and it seems the best option is to re-create the report, but I don't have a lot of time.

Please advise.

Anne
Re: Adding to an existing report vs. creating a new report [message #235297 is a reply to message #235269] Fri, 04 May 2007 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It depends; if you know how to do that, add a column. If not, create a new report. If the report is complicated, noone would want to write it once again - I'd rather try to add a column. BTW, I hope you started to solve the problem; it's been 5 hours now since you posted a question. I bet you'd finish it by now, whatever approach you have chosen.

Expanding a report size in 6i [message #237055 is a reply to message #235269] Fri, 11 May 2007 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anne Simms
Can anyone advise on how to expand a report in reports 6i builder with out messing up the entire format. I just need to add one field to the report. I went into Tools->Preference and changed the width and length to 180 by 45. After changing it nothing happened. I do not want to recreate this report, i just want to add a column without messing up the entire format.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Anne
Re: Expanding a report size in 6i [message #237075 is a reply to message #237055] Fri, 11 May 2007 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Please, do not open a new topic for an old problem. Continue discussion in existing one.
Re: Expanding a report size in 6i [message #237431 is a reply to message #237075] Mon, 14 May 2007 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anne Simms
Ok, so what is a good approach for my problem. I just need to add two fields to the report and in the header part of the report. Please advise. I don't have time to recreate the entire report...there has to be a way to add 2 field to the report. The report was 132 by 45, but now it needs to be 180 by 45.

Thanks
Anne

P.S. I realized I posted this after i posted the other topic and it was too late to change.
Re: Expanding a report size in 6i [message #237448 is a reply to message #237431] Mon, 14 May 2007 09:16 Go to previous message
ab_trivedi
hi anne,
As LF said it would be better and also less easy to add two new columns rather that recreating it again.
For your problem I will suggest to click on the header part and add two new columns and attach them to the fields you want to be printed. The report was 132 by 45, but now it needs to be 180 by 45.
So it will not affect on the addition beacuse you are not dcreasing the size but only increasing it? If still you are in problem then send me the source I will try my best to solve the problem.
Ashu
Previous Topic: Report with 2 pages
Next Topic: for footers for the reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 11:15:56 CDT 2024