Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Problem in Report Printing
Problem in Report Printing [message #242577] Mon, 04 June 2007 03:05 Go to next message
r_ash3
Hi,
I have a report with two repeating frames.IInd repeating frame is placed at the middle of the layout.If the IInd repeating has got more than one record, it extends to the next page.fine.On doing so,it starts printing in the middle of the page as it is in the layout.How to make the extending IInd repeating frame objects to get printed from the beginning of the page?.What are the properties that have to be changed?

Regards,
Rafeek.
Re: Problem in Report Printing [message #242580 is a reply to message #242577] Mon, 04 June 2007 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
natality
Try Changing the Vertical Elasticity property of the first frame to variable.
Re: Problem in Report Printing [message #242638 is a reply to message #242580] Mon, 04 June 2007 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
r_ash3
Hi,
the vertical elasciticity of Ist frame is variable only.still the problem persists.
Re: Problem in Report Printing [message #242767 is a reply to message #242638] Tue, 05 June 2007 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
javed.khan

Please Elaoborate the Question?
1.You want first Frame from Middle of the Page?
2.Second Frame Should be begin from the End of the First Page or Second Page?
Please let me know.
Jak
Re: Problem in Report Printing [message #242797 is a reply to message #242767] Tue, 05 June 2007 02:40 Go to previous message
r_ash3
Hi,
suppose that the first repeating frame has got only one record,so it gets printed only once and the objects of the Ist frame is upto the middle of the layout.This is just fine.I do not want to change the positioning of the Ist frame objects.

In the layout,the second repeating frame starts at the middle(where the Ist repeating frame objects ends).suppose that this frame has got more than one record,it can't fit everything in the page and it will move to next page.on doing so,it will start printing at the middle of the next page(since it has been positioned so in the layout).Here is where my problem. I do not want the IInd repeating frame,while extending to a new page,start at the middle,rather it has to start at the beginning of the page.This will prevent me from having unnecessary space in every page of report.

can you suggest the solution for this, so that i will have a continuous report without space at top half of every page.

regards,
Rafeek.
Previous Topic: desformat and destype
Next Topic: Placeholder column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 11:57:28 CDT 2024