Home » Infrastructure » Linux » private heartbeat connection (Oracle 10.1.0.2.1 Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5)
icon5.gif  private heartbeat connection [message #287454] Wed, 12 December 2007 05:03 Go to next message
dba110
Hi experts
I know that for making a heartbeat connection(private interconnection) between 2 nodes, NICs are enough to make a private connection through crossover cable. but what if we have more than 2 nodes ie. 4 nodes cluster(Oracle RAC). how can we make them interconnect, how is the heartbeat setup. plz explain.
what I think is that one seperate private switch will be used other than the public switch, correct me if I am wrong...

Regards

[Updated on: Wed, 12 December 2007 05:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: private heartbeat connection [message #287456 is a reply to message #287454] Wed, 12 December 2007 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
varu123
You are on the wrong forum.
Its not a linux forum.
YOu better post your question here
icon5.gif  Re: private heartbeat connection [message #287620 is a reply to message #287456] Wed, 12 December 2007 23:36 Go to previous message
dba110
Dear Sir
I posted my query on this forum as the introduction to this forum states:

Linux
Oracle Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting and Scripting on Linux Platforms (RedHat, SuSE, Ubuntu, Mandrake, TurboLinux, etc.)

and I wana setup Oracle RAC on linux which involves setting up private network. Plz give me your expert opinion about my problem, I'll be thankful to you...

I know that setting up private network is related to networks, but as it is the part of oracle RAC, experts of Oracle RAC must have gone through the process of setting up private interconnection, that's why I'm asking my question on this forum and hope that I'll get good help

Regards
Previous Topic: install oracle developer suite on Ubuntu
Next Topic: Install oracle 9i in Fedora core 6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:31:55 CDT 2024